Engage in an iconic desert safari in Hatta Heritage Village & Kalba Mountain Safari Dubai, an inland enclave of Dubai.
Hatta Heritage Village & Kalba Mountain Safari Dubai is an incredible way to explore the rugged landscape of Hatta and experience the picturesque desert scenery of Hatta, bounded by the magnificent beautiful Hajjar Mountains.
Setting off from Dubai, this tour will take you along the meandering mountain trails, leading to the Hatta Heritage Village.
- Enjoy a 6-hour Hatta mountain trip from Dubai riding a rugged 4×4 vehicle.
- Take in some epic mountain views on the way to Hatta near the UAE-Oman border.
- Explore Hatta Heritage Village, an open-air museum showcasing bygone mountain life and architecture.
- See the desert formations of Camel Rock and Fossil Rock, and refuel with a picnic breakfast in the desert.
The focal point of this village is an ancient fort, along with an ancient mosque dating back to more than 200 years ago.
You’ll further come across several elegantly restored mud houses, monuments, and modest buildings with all depicting the 16th-century Emirati art and architecture.
Another highlight to check out is Hatta Dam, wherein water amassed from natural mountain springs is used for irrigation and producing electricity.
The Hatta village, restored in 2001, is one of the oldest in the emirate. Step back in time to discover the magnificent Hatta Heritage Village among the reconstructed buildings.
Most of the Village area is made from the same materials that comprised the originals, including the two watchtowers, the fort, and the mosque. You can step inside the local ruler’s house, known as ‘Bait Al Wali’.
For a look into traditional life and culture of the period, artifacts like instruments, weapons, furnishings, and more will give you some insight.
Nearby, you’ll find the Al Sharia Site, a palm tree farm that is home to the falaj, the underground irrigation systems created for local farms.
Visit Hatta Hill Park, known for its refreshing mountain walkways and lush green spaces perfect for picnics.
The trip also covers a visit to the popular Pottery Market Carpet Market, selling beautiful, intricately designed carpets.
- 6:00 am – 6:30 am hotel pick up
- Drive through Hatta Mountains and visit a variety of terrain on your way to Hatta, with spectacular views across rocky mountain passes.
- First, stop at Hatta Heritage Village
- Fossil Rock and Camel Rock, an unusual rock formation hidden among the dunes.
- Picnic breakfast
- Hatta Heritage Village
- 12:30-1:00 pm drop off at the hotel.
Inclusion: Hatta Heritage Village & Kalba Mountain Safari Dubai
- Hotel pickup and drop
- All the government’s taxes